Film and Architecture
International Architecture and Urbanism Festival
The festival Film and Architecture serves as a platform for discussions on architecture and urbanism based on screening documentaries, experimental as well as feature films. The festival’s aim is to promote contemporary architectural approaches among the general public and present architecture as a significant part of our everyday life that requires appreciation and care. Thanks to the accessible medium, the festival attracts all kinds of audiences.
Since its conception in 2011, the festival has been traditionally organised as a part of the Day of Architecture and takes place in autumn each year in Prague and selected regional cities.
Each year the program is divided into several thematic sections. Films are selected by a curator with the aim to increase awareness about contemporary first-rate architecture, significant architects and their work, the urban problematics as well as social and environmental topics.
- to introduce contemporary approaches to architecture using the film format
- to draw attention of the wide public and media to this topic
- to present other views on architecture: artistic, social or environmental
- to talk about contemporary architecture as about thought-provoking human activity that influences lives of all of us and can create favourable environment and living conditions
- to encourage directors to create films focusing on architecture and help initiate creation of new films on architecture
- to stimulate an interdisciplinary debate on architecture and the cooperation possibilities with other artistic disciplines
Contact / Festival team
+420 721 844 525
Dominika Antonie Skalová
+420 737 383 598
Curator of the Inspiration section
Festival Founder and Curator
120 00, Prague 2
120 00, Prague 2