Film and Architecture
International Architecture and Urbanism Festival
We are currently open for submissions for short, mid-lenght and feature documentary films focused on architecture and urbanism from all over the world. Deadline for submissions is April 30th, 2018.
Film and Architecture Festival is here to provoke and foster a discussion about architecture and urbanism by screening auteur, experimental, live action or innovative documents and films. It contributes to the debate between architects, politicians and the wide public about our cities, their appearance, their needs and transformations that are necessary for further development of our society. Thanks to the medium it employs, it is attractive for all kinds of audiences.
There has been 5 successful festival seasons so far (in 2002 and 2006 in Kino Aero and in 2014-16 in Kino 35 and Světozor cinemas). The sixth festival season will be, as it has become a tradition, connected with the date of the World Architecture Day and will take place 30 September – 4 October 2017 in Prague and particular selected regions.
Each year the program is divided into several thematic blocks. Their films are selected by a careful curator’s pick with the aim to increase awareness about contemporary first-rate architecture, significant architects and their work, the issue of cities and their future and social and environmental topics.
Film and Architecture Festival is a part of the Visegrad platform of film festivals on architecture, alongside Budapest Architecture Film Days, Days of Architecture and Design Bratislava and Beton Film Festival Warsaw.
- to introduce contemporary approaches to architecture using the film format
- to draw attention of the wide public and media to this topic
- to present other views on architecture: artistic, social or environmental
- to talk about contemporary architecture as about thought-provoking human activity that influences lives of all of us and can create favourable environment and living conditions
- to encourage directors to create films focusing on architecture and help initiate creation of new films on architecture
- to stimulate an interdisciplinary debate on architecture and the cooperation possibilities with other artistic disciplines
Contact / Festival team
Festival Program Coordinator
+420 721 844 525
Dominika Antonie Skalová
+420 737 383 598
external Festival Curator
Curator of the Inspiration section
Festival Founder and Curator
120 00, Prague 2
120 00, Prague 2